ELLE rethinks the print/digital divide, creating a ‘360’ team that embraces all platforms across the business. BoF. Kimye prove the doubters wrong, scoring a 20% rise on last months edition of Vogue with their wedding cover. Fashionista.com. Kim Kardashian stuns in Lanvin at the Met Ball… get all the action in one place. ELLE. 7 of the best fashion/beauty collaborations right now. Coco’s Tea Party. If you do one thing today, vote for the ME Association in the Direct Debit competition to secure £2000’s for bio medical research into a disease with no effective treatment or cure. ME Association.
Gosh it’s been a rather frantic week, a mixed bag of shockers.
– Kimye finally get their first Vogue cover… and it’s actually very tasteful. Unlike the reaction on social media. Fashionista.com.
– Bruno Guillon steps down as CEO at Mulberry after two years in the role, which saw the retailer lose two thirds of its market value in the same period. BoF.
– Tamara Mellon launches online store. The Fash Pack.
– With a great idea and expert advice, your business could become a reality, thanks to Virgin Start Up. Scarlett London.
– It’s official, tequila is ALWAYS a good plan and the Mexican favourite can help you lose weight too- yes, really!! Handbag.com.
There’s a ‘Call the Midwife’ shaped whole in the TV schedule this week, with half an hour to spare before the charismatic Mr Selfridge graces us with his presence, catch up on last weeks news…
– Target makes a huge Photoshop faux pas, editing an unrealistic thigh-gap on to a teen model is not cool. Cosmo.
– American Vogue pops round to visit SJP at home. Fashion Foie Gras.
– Karl Lagerfeld’s European flagship store launches on Regent Street London, complete with mini Karl figurines, oh yeah! Red Magazine.
– Sabine G is my latest jewellery find. East meets West, undiscovered gems made in Florence. Browns.
– Dior introduces their new range of gel-effect nail polishes…. perfect shades and long-lasting polish (heaven). British Beauty Blogger.
– Fancy staying in a hotel designed by Karl Lagerfeld….just imagine the accessories! Maybe each room could come equipped with its very own Choupette- just putting it out there. BoF.
– King Karl enlists newbie model Kendall Jenner to walk in the Chanel A/W14 show…. oh yes, a Kardashian on the Chanel catwalk. Fashionista.com.
– Behind the scenes at Lanvin… utter heaven.
– The very best street style snaps from all four fashion weeks in one place- thank you Vogue.
– Katie Holmes and Jeanne Yang dissolve their partnership, the duo have worked on Holmes & Yang for five years but apparently can no longer agree on where the brand is heading. Such a shame, sometimes a little friction can bring out the best in a partnership. Daily Mail.
Paris Fashion Week sets the Parisian capital alight this week…
– RiRi steals the limelight with her daring choice of outfit, we had french maid at Dior, intrepid explorer at Balmain, androgynous at Lanvin and barely there at all, to the Balmain after party. Metro.
– Garance Doré launches her very first stationery collection with Rifle yesterday at Colette. Beautiful illustrations and lots of social media. Fashionista.com.
– Raf Simons steps up his campaign to re-work the classic Dior look with a sports luxe twist. Sharp tailoring and double-breasted suits sat alongside lace-up details, brilliant brights and quilting. Inspired cuts and innovative shapes showcased Raf’s ingenuity (perfect statement dresses for the first lady). The most innovative pieces combined 1940’s nipped waist dresses with splits revealing contrasting coloured, slinky dresses with the addition of crystal appliqué. Vogue.
– Relax…. messy bed hair is officially chic, as seen at several Paris shows. Can’t find the hair brush this weekend, just don’t bother! Huffington Post.
– Paris can always be relied upon to provide a huge hit of fairytale fashion… heavenly. Vogue.
Holly Fulton and Radley collaborate for a luxe, art deco leather collection. The Very Simon G via Coco’s Tea Party.
WGSN industry awards 2013- The Outnet take Best E-Store at the Global Fashion Awards 2013. THE OUTNET.COM.
Halloween mask of the year goes to Stephen Jones…. ‘Meow and purr, isn’t that fashion enough for you’- Stephen Jones. Vogue.
Bye, bye Vogue internships… Conde Nast have discontinued their internship program from 2014. Fashionista.com.
Some much-needed work/life advice for all bloggers out there… The Online Stylist.
Have a wonderful weekend.x
WGSN look ahead to what the store of the future will look like…. discuss. WGSN.
Topshop reveals Kate Bosworth collaboration, another stylish Kate. Topshop.
Back to school with IFB, make sure you know the difference between marketing, advertising and PR. IFB.
Jaeger re-work the swinging sixties, think monochrome mini’s, Twiggy style. Jaeger.
Choupette gets her very own collection from daddy Karl. Too adorable for words! Vogue.
– Zara introduces a new social media feature online, uploading tumblr style images from an edited selection of stylish folk. Disney Roller Girl.
– Kate Moss is appointed Contributing Fashion Editor at British Vogue… about time!
– Madmoiselle Robot shows us a thing or two about autumnal style. Company.
– It’s that time of year again…. no not Halloween, even better, the ASOS sale is on! ASOS.
– A day in the life of Julie Deane owner of The Cambridge Satchel Company via London Liberty Girl. LLG
Have a lovely weekend…
– Home-grown brand The Cambridge Satchel Company collaborates with Brit legend Vivienne Westwood. Instyle.
– Online fashion design tutorials…. if only this had been around in my day- my student loan would be significantly smaller! Fashionista.com.
– This time I won’t miss out on the Ciate Christmas goodies… trim your Christmas tree at Selfridges.
– UAL have a sparkly new website- check it out. UAL.
– If you can’t wait for H&M to launch their Isabel Marant collaboration, email Vogue to apply for tickets to the grand preview Hmemail@example.com
Enjoy the weekend.x