ELLE rethinks the print/digital divide, creating a ‘360’ team that embraces all platforms across the business. BoF. Kimye prove the doubters wrong, scoring a 20% rise on last months edition of Vogue with their wedding cover. Fashionista.com. Kim Kardashian stuns in Lanvin at the Met Ball… get all the action in one place. ELLE. 7 of the best fashion/beauty collaborations right now. Coco’s Tea Party. If you do one thing today, vote for the ME Association in the Direct Debit competition to secure £2000’s for bio medical research into a disease with no effective treatment or cure. ME Association.
– Fancy staying in a hotel designed by Karl Lagerfeld….just imagine the accessories! Maybe each room could come equipped with its very own Choupette- just putting it out there. BoF.
– King Karl enlists newbie model Kendall Jenner to walk in the Chanel A/W14 show…. oh yes, a Kardashian on the Chanel catwalk. Fashionista.com.
– Behind the scenes at Lanvin… utter heaven.
– The very best street style snaps from all four fashion weeks in one place- thank you Vogue.
– Katie Holmes and Jeanne Yang dissolve their partnership, the duo have worked on Holmes & Yang for five years but apparently can no longer agree on where the brand is heading. Such a shame, sometimes a little friction can bring out the best in a partnership. Daily Mail.
Paris Fashion Week sets the Parisian capital alight this week…
– RiRi steals the limelight with her daring choice of outfit, we had french maid at Dior, intrepid explorer at Balmain, androgynous at Lanvin and barely there at all, to the Balmain after party. Metro.
– Garance Doré launches her very first stationery collection with Rifle yesterday at Colette. Beautiful illustrations and lots of social media. Fashionista.com.
– Raf Simons steps up his campaign to re-work the classic Dior look with a sports luxe twist. Sharp tailoring and double-breasted suits sat alongside lace-up details, brilliant brights and quilting. Inspired cuts and innovative shapes showcased Raf’s ingenuity (perfect statement dresses for the first lady). The most innovative pieces combined 1940’s nipped waist dresses with splits revealing contrasting coloured, slinky dresses with the addition of crystal appliqué. Vogue.
– Relax…. messy bed hair is officially chic, as seen at several Paris shows. Can’t find the hair brush this weekend, just don’t bother! Huffington Post.
– Paris can always be relied upon to provide a huge hit of fairytale fashion… heavenly. Vogue.
– Mademoiselle C the documentary about former French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld is nearly here…. can anyone say ‘chic’. The Fash Pack.
– Made in Chelsea’s Kimberley Garner is in hot water. Agent Provocateur is suing the swimwear designer for producing designs too similar to their best-selling ‘Mazzy’ bikini. Metro.
– It’s all about ME! Win a bottle of the new Lanvin fragrance ME from Harvey Nichols. Harvey Nichols.
– Pandora opens a flagship store in London. Fashion Monitor.
– Take a sneaky peek into the wonderful world of Five, Five Fabulous with their photo diary for Grazia. Grazia.
Pearls and safety pins…. it could only be Tom Binns.
Pearls seem to be the Marmite of the jewellery world, it’s a love or hate thing. Personally I find pearls incredibly beautiful, my first set found their way to me as a gift for my 16th birthday. Admittedly a plain string of pearls might not qualify as cutting edge, although I think Coco Chanel may of had something to say about that.
Punk jewellery designer Tom Binns, famous for his quirky safety-pin creations, isn’t the only designer to favour pearls this season. Take a look at Lanvin for over the top, statement pieces and Miu Miu for super sweet style jewels. Tom Binns adds a fierce vibe to the genteel gems, taking pearls from traditional to tremendous. Go on, give pearls a go…..
(images from MatchesFashion.com)
What a busy week, Paris Fashion Week seemed to last forever and gosh, there were at least a dozen utterly amazing shows….I could hardly tear myself away from my laptop to make a cup of Lady Grey tea. Here’s the best of the rest-
Chanel have opened a pop-up flower stall to celebrate Mother’s Day outside their Covent Garden store. Perfect for Mother’s Day, flowers and Chanel- heavenly! Refinery 29.
& Other Stories finally opens, we’re excepting big things….. Grazia.
Go backstage with Vogue and find out all the A/W13 gossip. Vogue.
Lanvin let us have a look through their vintage design illustrations created by Jeanne Lanvin in 1908- dreamy inspiration. Refinery 29.
Karl Lagerfeld launches a fabulous new watch collection. Elle.
Enjoy your weekend.x
Paris was my favourite Fashion Week this season, some utterly amazing collections including a couple of British brands- Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney…. This is why I love Paris-
It’s a boys world at Isabel Marant, the collection of muted black, grey and navy provided the perfect wardrobe for the girl who does it all. Fabulous boots as usual and of course a plethora of embellishment gave the collection the Isabel Marant, moody edge. Layers were key with sheer cut out sections revealing a slither of flesh.
Another Dior triumph- perfect suits, full skirts, everyday essentials and the classic Dior strapless dress. Illustrations and bold print added striking detail to the parred down monochrome elegance. Everything you need this Winter is in this collection.
Everything I’ve come to love from Balmain was present in this collection- power dressing, shoulder pads, heavy embellishment, metallics and draping. Exaggerated silhouettes played host to molten metals, oodles of glitter and 70’s/80’s glam rock styling. Balmain is not for everyone, subtle chic doesn’t get a look in with this high voltage collection.
I’m a little in love with Alber Elbaz’s A/W13 collection for Lanvin. ‘Happy’, ‘Cool’ & ‘Help’ over-sized necklaces hung from models slender necks. A cute, sweet edition to the grown up collection of full voluminousness skirts, LBD’s, silk shift dresses and lashings of fur. 1940’s glamour- dark and delicious with applique dragonflies adding enchanting embellishment.
Hedi Slimane has had a rather tough time recently but the best way to silence the critics is to produce an extraordinary collection. While I personally love the YSL grunge feel that reminds me of All Saints- it’s not exactly the YSL luxe that I know and love. Still at least Hedi brings the drama- fashion week needs the odd cat fight!
Classic Chanel with a strong influence of Karl Lagerfelds personal style- check out the finger-less gloves and crisp white shirts. Cobalt fur bonnets and hats gave a pop of colour, texture was key. Metallic tweed, chiffon layers, knitwear with bold detailing and chunky, tough-luxe jewellery created the iconic, modern Chanel look. A notable trend for A/W13 was cut-out panels in coats and long line dresses revealing thigh-high boots in black/white leather and tweed.
I always look forward to Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs can be relied upon to deliver a ‘show’. This collection is best described as ‘the cats pyjamas’ with a vintage over-tone (Marc Jacobs closed the show wearing a pair of floral, orange silk pyjamas). The collection comprised of silk nightwear and wool overcoats, relaxed suits trimmed with lace, jackets dipped in ombre sequins and sheer lace dresses with contrast floral applique.
Whimsical, folklore fairy-tale and utility combined to make a rather exciting Miu Miu collection. Stripped socks, big buttons and polka dots added charm to the sleek Prada inspired lines. I particularly love the Victorian inspired ankle boots and the over-sized zips. As I look at the collection as a whole I find myself thinking of Pippi Longstocking- just so darn cute!
London Fashion Week is almost over but some of the show invites are just too pretty to throw away……
Mulberry sent out a flock of powder blue butterflies that are perfectly weighted to balance effortlessly on the edge of a table.
– Snowdrops are poking their little white bonnets above the frozen ground, reminding me Spring is on the way. Viktor & Rolf’s Flowerbomb makes a great substitute, lifting my spirits with a burst of floral magic.
– Totally impractical mittens but warm my heart (and hands) because they are just so darn cute….
– Miu Miu sparkly flats will have you skipping to work.
– If you haven’t written your Christmas prezzie thank you notes yet, shame on you! Send a Lanvin note and I’m sure you’ll be forgiven.
– Tea soothes my soul, settle down with this quirky teapot, put your feet up and laze the afternoon away in front of the TV.
– A cosy cashmere blanket is at the top of my wish-list, this one from The White Company is to-die-for!
– Perk up dull complexions with Bare Minerals Faux Tan Matte bronzer, skin can lose a little of its luster during the chilly winter months.
What caught your attention this January?