ELLE rethinks the print/digital divide, creating a ‘360’ team that embraces all platforms across the business. BoF. Kimye prove the doubters wrong, scoring a 20% rise on last months edition of Vogue with their wedding cover. Fashionista.com. Kim Kardashian stuns in Lanvin at the Met Ball… get all the action in one place. ELLE. 7 of the best fashion/beauty collaborations right now. Coco’s Tea Party. If you do one thing today, vote for the ME Association in the Direct Debit competition to secure £2000’s for bio medical research into a disease with no effective treatment or cure. ME Association.
Gosh it’s been a rather frantic week, a mixed bag of shockers.
– Kimye finally get their first Vogue cover… and it’s actually very tasteful. Unlike the reaction on social media. Fashionista.com.
– Bruno Guillon steps down as CEO at Mulberry after two years in the role, which saw the retailer lose two thirds of its market value in the same period. BoF.
– Tamara Mellon launches online store. The Fash Pack.
– With a great idea and expert advice, your business could become a reality, thanks to Virgin Start Up. Scarlett London.
– It’s official, tequila is ALWAYS a good plan and the Mexican favourite can help you lose weight too- yes, really!! Handbag.com.
This week has been a killer week if your name is Kate, here five of the most fabulous Kates’ make their mark on the topsy-turvy world that is fashion…..
Kate Moss launches her new photo-biography book with a star-studded party wearing a stunning dress by Marc Jacobs. Telegragh.
Rumour has it Kate Lanphear is leaving ELLE after four years as style director but where is Kate heading….. The Cut.
Kim Kardashian is a huge fan of HRH Kate, sending our Kate a couple of her dresses in the hope Kate will be spotted wearing one, creating the ‘Kate Middleton effect’ for Kims’ Kollection. International Business Times.
Katie Holmes worked leather trousers and chunky knitwear for a late night appearance on Jimmy Fallon- perfect example of understated style. Handbag.com.
Kate Spade sums up the weekend….Kate Spade.
Kardashian madness- unless you’ve spent the last week on a desert island you’ll know the Kardashian Kollection launched at Dorothy Perkins on Thursday. Coco’s Tea Party caught up with Kardashians for a little chat. Coco’s Tea Party.
Harvey Nichols Beauty Bazaar opened this week, do we really need an excuse to get our sparkle on……?!! Harvey Nichols.
Balenciaga lose Nicolas Ghesquière, amid much speculation about the reason behind his sudden departure. The Guardian.
Markus Lupfer tickles the festive spirit out of us with his collection for Whistles, accompanied by the sweetest Christmas film ever….Whistles.
Victoria’s Secret angels took to the catwalk in New York to show off VS’s spectacular collection of lingerie. Amazing…..Vogue.
Saturdays round-up of all the fashionable news. Naturally Paris Fashion Week brought the drama and reminded the rest of the world that ‘The devil wears Prada’ isn’t so far from the truth……. (sharpen those claws please!)
1. Hedi Slimane’s debut YSL (or SLP) RTW collection was rather over shadowed by Slimanes’ 8 year grudge with New York Times fashion editor Cathy Horyn. Things turned nasty with Slimanes’ taking to twitter, stating ‘she will never get a seat at Saint Laurent’. Grazia.
2. James Bond ushers in the new suiting trend with SkyFall. Men Style Fashion.
3. Estee Lauder celebrates 20 years of campaigning for Breast Cancer Awareness. Brand Channel.
4. Kim Kardashians’ kitten Mercy brings the cute. How long before Mercy is making her fashion debut, following in the footsteps (or should I say paw prints of Choupette)? Kim Kardashian.
5. Paris gives us wind, in the form of wind turbines at the Chanel show. Proving King Karl still rules….. The Guardian.