ELLE rethinks the print/digital divide, creating a ‘360’ team that embraces all platforms across the business. BoF. Kimye prove the doubters wrong, scoring a 20% rise on last months edition of Vogue with their wedding cover. Fashionista.com. Kim Kardashian stuns in Lanvin at the Met Ball… get all the action in one place. ELLE. 7 of the best fashion/beauty collaborations right now. Coco’s Tea Party. If you do one thing today, vote for the ME Association in the Direct Debit competition to secure £2000’s for bio medical research into a disease with no effective treatment or cure. ME Association.
Turns out you can have too much of a good thing. If another email promoting this season’s must-have pastel trend pops into my inbox I think I’m going to scream! Two months of sugary sweet pastels is quite enough, if you haven’t bought a pink pastel coat yet, just except the moment is over and start looking ahead to summer. This April my wish-list is full of vibrant shades and fierce fashion…. enjoy!
Yesterday American retailer J.Crew posted their September issue collection on Pinterest, marking a social media milestone.
J.Crew opted to showcase their fall collection through the media channel rather than the traditional subscribers catalogue. For a company who didn’t even have a Pinterest account until last year, this is a bold move. While I love picking up a copy of Vogue and admiring the ads, social media sites like Pinterest allow me to share my fave collections/items with my followers, potentially expanding the brands audience. Don’t be surprised to see more designers/retailers promoting their collections exclusively through social media in the future.
– Christian Dior put it perfectly “Happiness is the secret to all beauty. There is no beauty without happiness”. A little flick of mascara and smudge of lipstick never hurt though. Selfridges.
– Chelsea put on a show this week. Katie Bowkett produced the winning t-shirt design to celebrate the 100th Chelsea Flower Show. LCF.
– Oscar de la Renta indulges my stationery fetish. Aerin via Twitter.
– Beauty, Fashion etc address the issue of why there are so few women in tech. Fashion Beauty etc.
– Coco’s Tea Party shares her shoe lust- Tabitha Simmons collaborates with J-Crew for CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection. Coco’s Tea Party.
Enjoy the bank holiday my lovely readers. xx
Oh my fashion fillies it has been a busy week…..
– Conde Nast close Easy Living print publication after eight years, opting to go digital only. Is this the shape of things to come? The Guardian.
– Selfridges to open a drive-through, order online and pick up from a McDonald’s style drive-through…. yes, really! Huffington Post.
– J-Crew to open a pop-up store in London, who doesn’t like a little pop-up action?! Elle.
– Sasha (Liberty London Girl) lives every girls dream…… invited by Chanel to spend 24 hours in Paris and visit Mademoiselle Chanel’s personal apartment. Liberty London Girl.
– Amy Odell keeps us up to date with all the Met Gala fashion drama- this year there was a punk theme. Buzz Feed.
Gold nails always seem so decadent to me, something to be kept for special occasions. This year I’ve vowed to push my style boundaries, testing out new trends and mixing up my wardrobe. So I’m going for gold, painting my pinkies with a metallic gold nail varnish No7 Hot to Trot. I love this shade as it actually seems kind of nude rather than sparkly gold. At £6 it’s rather a steal and goes on like a dream. I’ve styled them with my new faux gold Jaeger bracelet (here’s a similar one from J.Crew), Jaeger London cashmere cardie (both Christmas prezzies) and my favourite Kitty Cat ASOS ring.