ELLE rethinks the print/digital divide, creating a ‘360’ team that embraces all platforms across the business. BoF. Kimye prove the doubters wrong, scoring a 20% rise on last months edition of Vogue with their wedding cover. Fashionista.com. Kim Kardashian stuns in Lanvin at the Met Ball… get all the action in one place. ELLE. 7 of the best fashion/beauty collaborations right now. Coco’s Tea Party. If you do one thing today, vote for the ME Association in the Direct Debit competition to secure £2000’s for bio medical research into a disease with no effective treatment or cure. ME Association.
At this time of year I’m consumed with finding the perfect gifts for all my loved ones. Meticulous planning with a smidgen of good luck and my Christmas shopping is almost complete. Time for the fun bit…. the wrapping! As a self confessed stationery freak, I adores all the bows, ribbon and glitter involved in gift wrapping. With all that hard work I think a little treat is in order and there’s some seriously amazing competitions online right now. Here’s my five favourite.
Lulu Guinness has 12 days of gifts, give-aways and discounts. Lulu’s 12 Days of Christmas.
Win a £1500 beauty hamper with House of Fraser. House of Fraser.
Win a Mini Hatchback just like mine. Handbag.com
Countdown to Christmas with Jaeger… 12 days of gifts and goodies. Jaeger.
Win a Spa break with ELLE and Highland Spring, what better way to start the new year? ELLE.
Good luck! x
– All the Paris Fashion Week action via Grazia.
– ASOS Director James Hart steps down after 14 years of launching initiatives like ASOS Marketplace. Fashion United.
– ELLE editor Lorraine Candy makes the Business of Fashion’s 500 most influential figures in the fashion industry. BoF.
– Win £1000 to spend on the Reiss A/W13 collection by booking a personal shopping appointment, book online and you’ll receive a goodie bag of Charles Worthington products worth over £350. Stylist.co.uk.
– 50 of the best limited edition A/W13 beauty products… get them while they’re hot! ELLE.
– Sign up to the Mary Katrantzou website launch, rock around the clock. Mary Katrantzou.
– London Fashion Week is under way- keep up with all the action. LFW.
– Nails Inc are offering 20% off at nailsinc.com to celebrate LFW- just type in LFW20 at the check-out. Nails Inc.
– Don’t forget to pick up a copy of ELLE- The Interns Issue (October) in store now. Edited by the lovely and super talented Sophie Osborne. ELLE.com.
– If your peckish find Fashion Week Cake designed by Coco’s Tea Party over at Aubaine. Humm…. yummy! Coco’s Tea Party.
Online shopping giant Net-A-Porter to launch print magazine.
PORTER will be a bi-monthly consumer magazine featuring fashion, beauty & lifestyle produced by Net-A-Porter, headed up by Lucy Yeomans, launching 2014. Lucy currently edits ‘The Edit’ Net-A-Porter’s online magazine but this will be the retailers’ first venture into print publication following a 104 page tester magazine ‘The Collections Special’, sent out to 10,000 customers earlier in the year.
Retailers have spent the last decade trying to keep up with e-commerce by establishing digital platforms and investing in social media. This is a real change of pace for an online retailer to move into traditional media. I can’t wait to read PORTER and see how the publication stacks up against established magazines like Vogue & ELLE….
– Fashion Week is hot on our heels and invites are flying over the desks of fashion editors up and down the country. Put out the bunting, LFW is on its way! ELLE.com.
– The new face of River Island A/W13 is revealed … Barbara Palvin hides behind a chunky grey knit in this striking ad campaign. Fashion Foie Gras.
– Future fashion designers should give this competition a go, ELLE & Byco team up to bring one designers sketch to life on the pages of ELLE magazine. ELLE.com.
– Can we all predict the future of fashion if we look hard enough? NYMag.
– Jo Malone launch their new fragrance Peony & Blush Suede this September, my favourite flower in a bottle- yes please! What I Heart Today.
Enjoy the weekend.x
– Pick up a real bargain as the summer sales draw to a close, I have to confess to a spot of sale shopping at MatchesFashion.com.
– These are far too cute not to feature, I just need a little mini me to wear them now- finally a children’s range I can get behind. Thank you Charlotte Olympia. Mademoiselle Robot.
– Being a country girl has never looked so good thanks to the über talented Bella Freud teaming up with heritage brand Barbour. The Fash Pack.
– It’s back…. The Great British Bake Off hits our screens next week, enter the silver fox stage right.
– Grurple- the new IT shade for nails- you heard it here first direct from team ELLE. ELLE UK.
Despite the hot weather, we’ve still been busy bees this week….
– H&M goes online stateside, just in time for the Isabel Marant collab. ELLE.
– Scarlett reviews the highly anticipated Kardashian Beauty Line. Scarlett London.
– Fashion156.com offers up a snap shot of recent fashion graduate feedback- essential for all new students. Fashion165.com.
– Wish, Wish, Wish lovely Carrie takes us behind the scenes at ASOS. Wish, Wish, Wish.
– Sometimes we (and I include myself in this) take fashion a tad too seriously…. Fashion Foie Gras (Emily) reminds us fashion can be rather fun! Fashion Foie Gras.
I know it’s hot outside and defrosting chilly bones may be on the top of everyone’s ‘to-do’ list but while you’re lounging under a shady tree with an ice-cold glass of Pimms give these a little read….
– The collaboration of the century is already under construction, take a look at this snap of Isabel Marant modelling a piece from her much-anticipated H&M collection and swoon…. Refinery 29.
– ASOS A/W13 collection is on its way, not long to wait but the final sale is on right now so go crazy and shop, shop, shop. Coco’s Tea Party.
– Emerald is the shade de jour for on-trend nails. Enter Ciate with a kit that will have you covered all season long; sequins, caviar pearls, velvet dust and a pot of ‘Ditch the Heels’ nail polish all in one set. British Beauty Blogger.
– Online retailer Boohoo.com extends their offering by adding BoohooMEN from this autumn. Fashion Monitor.
– Newly appointed M&S style director Belinda Earl tells us her intentions for the much-loved British brand (I’ve been in the presence of this lady and believe me ‘she means business’). ELLE.
I avoid the ‘so what do you do’ conversation like the plague. It always results in raised eyebrows and confused nods. Blogging can’t really be a career choice, can it? Well actually yes…. it may not make you rich but it can be a ‘real’ job. During a chat session last year about blogging, someone asked Liberty London Girl aka Sasha Wilkins “You make it sound like a full-time job…. how do fit it in with other things (like earning a living)?” To which the ever witty LLG replied “This IS my full-time job!” -enough said.
Slowly attitudes are beginning to change towards bloggers. It’s nice to be invited to shows and snapped for ‘street style’ edits but it’s only recently that brands (or those in charge of marketing) have really begun to appreciate the value bloggers offer. Yet bloggers seem to be infiltrating main stream fashion at every turn. Here’s a few examples of bloggers who are making their mark on the industry-
–Liberty London Girl seems a sensible place to start. Last week the queen of social media popped up on the BBC, commentating on Royal fashion at Ascot.
– This week Sophie Osborne (editorial assistant at A Girl, A Style) starts her internship with ELLE. Sophie will be Editor for the October Interns edition of ELLE magazine.
– Anna Hart the woman behind St Molton Street Style landed a role as marketing manager at Vestiaire Collective- a stylish role for a stylish lady.
So repeat after me… ‘Who run the world….. bloggers’
P.S Should point out that Sasha has commentated on Royal Ascot before in her previous role as editor before setting up LLG.