If you’re new to Fashion Follows Her I should probably point out this isn’t a blog focused on super scrimping and bargains, you may have made a wrong click somewhere south of The Frugality. Occasionally and mostly by accident, I stumble across a real steal that fits perfectly into the ‘more dash than cash’ category. My latest purchases fall squarely in that category- a new pair of shiny pink bow flats from M&S for the slightly ludicrous price of £3.99 down from £25’s.
Pictured with a mix and match bikini from Tesco’s F&F range which is surprising good quality and quite flattering. Ideal for splashing about in the pool trying to tone up my thighs and bum ready for summer (the chlorine eats bikini’s for breakfast, they barely last a season so it’s not worth spending silly money on swimwear). Have you found any great buys recently?
Planning the trip is half the fun. Whether it’s a day trip out or a lazy exotic holiday, mapping out the adventure that lays ahead all starts with piles of magazines and a notebook. My Flash Trash have excelled themselves with this iPhone cover, inspiration at the ready… ‘She believed she could, so she did’.
To pack/to buy. Packing can be a total nightmare, make a list and don’t forget to pack your bikini. My coral Zara kaftan is the most superb cover up and will be in my suitcase for sure. I save these orange wedges for holidays and high days, as soon as I liberate them from my wardrobe I feel my spirits lift. (The purple box is full of little samples of ESPA products).
Passport at the ready for Paris. Symthson has the best travel cases and essentials, I bought this hot pink passport and ticket holder a couple of weeks ago. If you’re going to travel, it may as well be in style!
Something worth leaving the house for- jewellery! Here’s a first look at the gem stone destined to be the center piece of my new ring. The purple sparkler is a Zambian amethyst sent over from Germany. Hopefully I will be finalising the ring design soon.
– Dust off the picnic blanket and spend a few lazy hours lounging in the park. Pack macaroons (Laduree introduces their beautiful ‘Lily of the Valley’ macaroon box for May) and lots of ice-cold, fruity Pimms.
– These sparkly Jaeger sandals always receive positive feedback when I take them out for a spin and add a touch of glamour to the most casual outfit.
– Bikini shopping strikes terror in the heart of most women. Avoid that awful changing room drama by ordering online and trying at home- where the mirror doesn’t enlarge every lump and bump. My first stop for bikinis has to be ASOS.
– The perfect white dress is a summer essential, go floaty and feminine for that dreamy summer look.
– The Great Gatsby finally opens this month- the roaring twenties, Prada costumes, Jazz music and Tiffany gems, I can’t wait another second!